Thursday, March 3, 2011

Women4Wikipedia Blog Drive

Are you a woman who has editied Wikipedia or would you like to have a shot? If so and you'd like to share your experiences with other people, please write a blog post about it for publication on your own and/or as a guest-post here on the Women4Wikpedia Blog.

What did you edit? Describe the editing process. Was the experience difficult? What advice would you give other people with the same level of experience that you had at that point?

Contributions posted here in their entirety (as guest-posts) will be published under the license preferred by the poster.

To find out more information join our forum at http://women4wikipedia.vanillaforums.com or visit http://women4wikipedia.net or @collectiveact or read our contributions below:


I'm a woman, and I've edited Wikipedia
by Spacefem
Once I got started on Wikipedia I really liked editing. I found it easiest to get involved in local stuff… articles about my state, city, neighborhood. Those are topics I’m familiar with, but they’re not all that fleshed out yet.
Read more...



Wikipedia Ponders Its Gender-Skewed Contributions

by Alexa D
The number one reason why I launched my own Women in Comics wiki, rather than focusing on building up their presence on Wikipedia, is because I had dealt with those neckbeards on WikiProject Comics before.
Read more...


Why Women & Wikis Do Mix
by Lola PR
After reading the debate in the New York Times, something that seemed obvious to me just didn't seem to really pop out from any of the debaters. Or perhaps it is obvious and other women just wouldn't say it? Women like things that look pretty..I know that a lot of people might jump out at me for over simplifying the problem and being patronising. But I really don't think that it's something that people should feel shameful about.
Read more...


No comments:

Post a Comment